Brief history of underwater filming in movie industry.
Evolution of motion pictures housing design and brief history of various inventors and the housings they built.
- Commonly used film and digital cameras and their housings.
- Similarities and quirks of the various housings.
- Properties of light underwater including focus.
- Refraction and its effects on lens selection.
- Dome ports vs. flat ports.
- Importance of Preparation of Underwater Housings.
- Operator understanding of 360 shooting underwater, movement of camera underwater, out of the water and in and out of the water.
- Positioning of Camera due to Light refraction of the surface.
- Hands-on workshop on how to assemble the Underwater housing from case to full setup for filming. (Camera preassembled for use in Underwater housing.)
- Water test Housing without camera.
- Operator Exercises for both Flat and Dome Ports.