Fusion Cine invites you to join them for an in-depth workshop about High Dynamic Range, Log, Raw and Gamma and learn how to achieve “the film look” with Alister Chapman.
- The history of video camera sensor sizes
- Where do the different sizes come from
- Why the shift towards larger sensors?
- The strengths of a larger sensor
- Why are zoom lens options so limited with larger sensors
- The strengths of a smaller sensor
- New sensor technologies that are narrowing the performance gap
- If you shoot at f5.6 is there any point to a large sensor camera?
- What can a small sensor camera do that a large sensor can’t?
Session 2: HDR High Dynamic Range, Log, Raw and Gamma.
- Colour and brightness levels used in movies
- Depth of field and managing focus
- Contrast ratios used in movies
- How can a light meter help if using an electronic camera
- Lighting techniques for a more film like look
- Anamorphic lenses and anamorphic production
- Grading and post production overview
- Introduction to Sony’s VENICE camera
- Using E-mount and other lenses with VENICE
- Shooting tips for Sony VENICE
Thursday, November 22, 2018 5pm - 10pm: Click here to RSVP
Friday, November 23, 2018 10am - 3pm: Click here to RSVP